Your agriculture goals within range.
We work closely with ranchers, land trusts and ranch subdivisions on a variety of legal issues. From conservation easements to preserving the family ranch through estate planning to simple fence disputes, our firm is committed to assisting and advising our agricultural clients on their many endeavors.
At Swan Law, PC we understand the legal needs of farmers and ranchers. Landowners with farming and ranching operations have different needs and face a separate set of challenges from other landowners. Our attorneys have firsthand knowledge of the unique concerns of farming and ranching operations and familiarity with economic and land conditions throughout Northwest Colorado. We facilitate profitable transactions and provide advice designed to minimize legal risk. Representative matters include:
- Owners’ associations
- Estate planning
- Covenants, conservation easements, conservation programs
- Real estate transactions
- Real estate litigation
- Financing, mortgages, lending
- Oil rights, gas rights, mineral rights, logging rights
- Land use, zoning
- Eminent domain issues
- Insurance issues, insurance disputes
- Right to farm / right to ranch issues
- Water rights, irrigation rights
- Employment agreements, service contracts
- Operating agreements, timber contracts, hay contracts, grazing leases
- Property tax assessments
- Infrastructure planning, business planning
- Risk management, liability management
- Business law
- Succession planning
- Business litigation
- Equine law
- Hunting & fishing leases
- Agriculture liens
- Alternative energy
As natives and long-time residents of Northwest Colorado, we understand the attractions of rural life and the many problems facing the farmer or rancher. Whether your ranch or farm law matter is simple or highly complex, we will respond with timely, sound and sensible advice designed to protect your rights and interests.
To discuss how we can help you achieve your agriculture goals, please call 970.879.1572 or contact us here. We look forward to working with you!