Your energy and power goals within range.
Despite the economic slowdown, the energy and power industry has experienced significant growth in the last five years, especially in the area of renewables—solar, wind, hydroelectric and geothermal power. Government grants and tax incentives have stimulated a wave of energy and power deals, but in the rush to break ground on these multi-faceted construction projects, owners, contractors and others are finding themselves mired down in unforeseen problems. You need an attorney well-versed in these complex energy and power transactions before you enter into that next joint venture. You need someone on your team who can identify issues before they become real construction site problems.
- General counsel
- Domestic and international projects
- Drafting and negotiation of Engineer-Procure-Construct (EPC) Agreements
- Performance guarantees
- Various pricing systems – allowances, incentives, cost plus, target price
- Local, state and federal law and regulation (OSHA, EPA, FAR, etc.)
- Bonds and insurance
- Special purpose entities
- Risk management, mitigation and dispute resolution
- Joint ventures and partnerships
- Coal-fired power plants
- Gas-fired power plants
- Renewable energy projects – Biomass, Geothermal, Solar, Hydroelectric, Wind
- Air quality control systems (AQCS)
- Drafting and negotiation of various other agreements for energy and power projects
To discuss how we can help you achieve your energy and power goals, please call 970.879.1572 or contact us here. We look forward to working with you!